Big data and analytics are hot buttons for executives because of the tremendous opportunities they provide for transformational change.
We define analytics as the extensive management and use of:
- Statistical and quantitative analysis
- Explanatory and predictive models
- Fact-based management
Combined, these can help improve business performance, drive better business decisions and proactively manage risk.
Kennedy Consulting Research & Advisory “IT Consulting: Analytics” © 2014 Kennedy Information, LLC.
“EY takes a business-led approach to analytics, focusing on decisions the client wants to drive and how analytics can improve performance…” »
“EY takes a business-led approach to analytics, focusing on decisions the client wants to drive and how analytics can improve performance that is tailored to the competitive and regulatory dynamics of specific industry sectors. EY’s analytics group offers consulting and solutions from its Information Management, EPM, BI and Advanced Analytics segments, which cross EY’s service lines (Advisory Services, Assurance, TAS, Tax) and go to market by industry. The firm has five key principles for its analytics engagements: business led, sector relevant, value oriented, technology-enabled and globally coordinated. EY’s analytics IT consulting offerings include IT strategy, data governance, data quality, data management, data usage and data architecture.”
Source: Kennedy Consulting Research & Advisory “IT Consulting: Analytics” © 2014 Kennedy Information, LLC. Reproduced under license.
Leveraging analytics for your business
At EY, we apply analytics with business acumen to help solve real business problems. Do any of these business imperatives resonate with you?
- Evaluate product pricing in emerging markets, determine how to manage risks more cost effectively and find innovative ways to launch products
- Segment customers and personalize experiences based on the customer profile and predict anticipated reactions rather than using a “one size fits all” approach
- Identify fraud and abuse patterns in areas such as travel and expenses to proactively manage risk and save costs
If the answer is yes, then we can help. Contact one of us.
Global Chief Analytics Officer
+1 212 773 3671
Principal, Advisory Services
+1 703 747 1000
Partner, EMEIA Enterprise Intelligence Leader
+49 89 14331 19481
Partner, IT Advisory Services, ASEAN
+65 6309 8886
Executive Director, Japan Analytics Leader
+81 3 3503 1490
Analytics insights and case studies
- Infographic: rewiring how companies use analytics Overcoming the challenges of big data Board Matters Quarterly: dealing with big data Predictive analytics: shortcut to tomorrow’s business
- Mining big data to mitigate corruption risk CNBC: CFO need to know – workforce analytics CFO hot topic: big data Digital analytics: designing your customer experience
- Patient-centricity powered by big data and advanced analytics Consumers on board: the multichannel journey The changing role of data The portfolio approach to big data and SAP
- Semphonic blogs
News and announcements
- All Analytics: EY on building a Global Analytics Center of Excellence
- Big4: Investment marries analytics with business acumen, skills
- MM&M: Social media analytics: sentiment mining
- GEN: Drug R&D: Big data for big returns
- EY unifies analytics capabilities into Global Analytics Center of Excellence
- Fortune June 2014 supplement: Big data
- CIO Review: Fraud Detection Revamped through Big Data
- CFO Journal/Wall Street Journal: Getting started with big data
- Information Week: Analytic portfolios beat silos of insight
- Semphonic joins Ernst & Young LLP, expanding its digital measurement